Department of Modern Office Management
Title of the Course : Diploma in Modern Office Management
Duration of the Course : Three Years
Type of The Course : Full Time Institution based
Pattern of the Exam : Semester System
Entry Qualification : 12th any Discipline
Intake : 60
The programme is designed after comprehensive discussions and analytical deliberation from expert of the subject working in Polytechnic and from industries.
The Broad Objectives Are As Under:
- To acquaint the students with the office system and procedures followed in various organizations such as Government Departments, Public Undertakings, Private Sectors and industrial establishments etc.
- To provide adequate knowledge in the areas like Stenography, accounting and operation and handling of office equipments like electronic Typewriters, Computer, Telephones, Telax, Fax, Duplicating machines, Photocopier, cash Register, Billing Machine, Postal franking, Stencil Cutting machine, Paper Shredder, Combining machines, Addressograph etc. Handling of inward and outward Correspondence and rules and procedures for office records etc.
- To equip the students with comprehensive knowledge of computer for management work.
- To help the student to develop their personality by way of fluent expressions, good vocabulary, excellent manner, good makeup and patience etc. in order to built up rising career in the management
The three-year diploma holders of Modern Office management can avail themselves of the following job opportunities
- Jr. Executive in various Public/Private sectors/ Undertaking.
- Steno Typist in various Public/Private sectors/ Undertaking.
- Typist in various public/Private sectors/ Undertaking.
- Stenographer in various Government/Public/Private sector organisation.
- Junior Executive in Management Information System(MIS)
- Personal Astt./Personal Secretary/Secretary to Executive.
- Office Asst./Clerks in various organization like Banks /Public Sector Organisations/Govt. Department.
- Computer Operators including ward processor/ data entry operator/Astt. Programmer
- Statistical investigators.
- Receptionists, Telephone/Telex Operation in various concerns.
- Accounts & Audit assistants in various organisations.
12 Lab Technician -cum-Demonstrators in office equipment Lab and Computer Lab
- Self Employment: –
(a) May engage in Typing work independently
(b) May Open Business Computer centre
The present three Year Diploma Course in Modern Office Management with Entry Qualification 12+ is being run by selected polytechnics in M.P. The very objective of this Diploma Course is to prepare skilled Executives of Junior Levels.